A Business Administrator apprenticeship is a Level 3 qualification which is beneficial to those who are in an office environment within any type of business. The main role of a Business Administrator is to produce high quality business documents and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers.The apprenticeship should take between 12 to 18 months to complete.
Key responsibilities are likely to include:
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services
- Supporting and engaging with different parts of the organisation
- Interacting with internal and external customers
- Improving organisation efficiency
- Having excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Managing priorities and own time
The apprentice will undergo 20% off the job training to prepare them for the End Point Assessment. This delivery time will be negotiated with the employer to minimise the impact of the operational commitments of your organisation.
The apprentice will be provided with support from an Independent Assessor and Mentor to aid them throughout the apprenticeship, with one day a week off the job training. A qualification will be ran alongside this apprenticeship.
An apprentice showcase has to be built up throughout the duration of the apprenticeship and a practical observation and professional discussion will be arranged as part of the End Point Assessment. The apprentices must pass all three assessments in order to complete the apprenticeship programme.
On Completion the Apprentice will receive:
- Level 2 qualification in Business Administration
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths or English (if not already achieved)
- Relevant work experience
- Combination of on and off the job training
Entry requirements must include five GCSEs at Grade C or higher.
Apprentices without a Grade C or Level 2 maths and English qualification will have to achieve this prior to taking the End Point Assessment.