Hospitality Team Member
A Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship is a Level 2 apprenticeship which is suitable for team members who specialize in one area of hospitality, for example: food and beverage service, serving alcohol, barista, food preparation, housekeeping, concierge and guest services, reception, reservations and conference and banqueting.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing good hospitality skills and knowledge
- Recognising customer needs
- Knowing how to match customers to products and services
- Working as part of a team
- Be welcoming towards customers
The apprenticeship should take no less than 12 months to complete. The apprentice will undergo 20% off the job training to prepare them for the End Point Assessment. This delivery time will be negotiated with the employer to minimise the impact of the operational commitments of your organisation.
The apprentice will be provided with support from an Independent Assessor and Mentor to aid them throughout the apprenticeship, with one day a week off the job training.
The apprentice has to complete an on demand test, practical observation and a business project which must be completed before a professional discussion takes place. These activities must be completed within two months of beginning the first activity.
On Completion the Apprentice will receive:
- Level 2 apprenticeship qualification in Hospitality
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths or English (if not already achieved)
- Relevant work experience
- Combination of on and off the job training
Entry requirements should include five GCSEs at Grade C or higher.
Apprentices without a Grade C or Level 1 maths and English qualification will have to achieve this prior to taking the End Point Assessment.