IT, Software, Web and Telecom Professionals
An IT, Software, Web and Telecom Professionals apprenticeship is a Level 2 apprenticeship which is suitable to those who work in areas such as: Software and Web Development, Technical Support, Telecommunications and IT Project Management.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Motivation to succeed within a career in Information Technology
- Willingness to learn and apply that learning in the workplace
- Ability to complete the qualifications which are part of the apprenticeship programme
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people
- Enjoy being part of a team
- Problem solving abilities
- Organisation skills and can work to deadlines
- Can work logically and methodically
The apprenticeship should take a minimum of 12 months to complete. The apprentice will undergo 20% off the job training. This delivery time will be negotiated with the employer to minimise the impact of the operational commitments of your organisation.
The apprentice will be provided with support from an Independent Assessor and Mentor to aid them throughout the apprenticeship, with one day a week off the job training.
The IT, Software, Web and Telecom Professionals apprenticeship includes a range of mandatory and optional units, which are either knowledge or competency based.
There are a vast majority of units to choose from, but all mandatory units must be assessed using evidence from the workplace.
Any CISCO, CompTIA, Microsoft, CIW or Linux units must be assessed by the relevant tests.
All other optional units can be assessed using other assessment methodologies.
There are many potential progression routes after the completion of this apprenticeship.
On completion of the IT, Software, Web and Telecom Professionals apprenticeship, the learner may progress into:
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Other relevant Level 3 ICT apprenticeship
- Continue to work within current job role
- Continue technical studies and embark upon job-specific professional/vendor qualifications (for example: Microsoft, CISCO, Oracle, VM Ware, CIW, Linux or CompTIA)
On Completion the Apprentice will receive:
- Level 2 qualification in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- Professional qualifications in respective units, if ran alongside
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths or English (if not already achieved)
- Relevant work experience
- Combination of on and off the job training
Entry requirements should include five GCSEs at Grade C or higher.
Apprentices without a Level 1 maths and English qualification will have to achieve this prior to taking the End Point Assessment.