An Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship is a Level 3 apprenticeship which is beneficial to those who are help desk technicians, first/second line support, IT infrastructure technician and network support.
Key responsibilities are likely to include:
- Supporting internal and external customers
- Helping to be productive when using technology to do jobs
- Uses tools to problem solve and trouble shoot non-routine problems
The apprenticeship should take a minimum of 12 months to complete, this is dependent on the individuals previous experience. The apprentice will undergo 20% off the job training to prepare them for the End Point Assessment. This delivery time will be negotiated with the employer to minimise the impact of the operational commitments of your organisation.
The apprentice will be provided with support from an Independent Assessor and Mentor to aid them throughout the apprenticeship, with one day a week off the job training.
A summative portfolio, employer reference, synoptic project and an interview must be completed as part of the apprenticeship, as well as assessments of knowledge and technical understanding being carried out and a Continuing Professional Development log must be documented.
On Completion the Apprentice will receive:
- Level 3 qualification as a Technician
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths or English (if not already achieved)
- Relevant work experience
- Combination of on and off the job training
- Member on the Register pf IT Technicians confirming SFIA Level 3 Professional Competence
Entry requirements must include five GCSEs, with a Science or Technology subject, relevant Leve 2 apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications/experience.
Apprentices without a Grade C or Level 2 maths and English qualification will have to achieve this prior to taking the End Point Assessment.