Property Maintenance Operative
A Property Maintenance Operative apprenticeship is a Level 2 course and is beneficial to those who are: maintenance assistants, property engineers, facilities assistants, maintenance engineers, maintenance managers, maintenance technicians, caretakers, janitors, multi-skilled technicians or premises managers. The apprenticeship should take no less than 12 months to complete.
Property Maintenance Operatives must:
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Carry out repairs to the fabric of a building, for example repairs to walls, doors, doorframes, skirting boards or plaster damage to internal walls.
- Maintain high levels of water hygiene within a building.
- Understand plumbing and drainage systems, for example repairs to WC systems, leaking taps or water testing and unblocking drains.
- Along with many more responsibilities.
The apprentice will undergo 20% off the job training to prepare them for the End Point Assessment. The delivery plan will be negotiated with employers to minimise the impact of operational commitments of your organisation.
The apprentice will be provided with support from an Independent Assessor and Mentor to aid them throughout the apprenticeship. A qualification will be ran alongside this apprenticeship.
Throughout the apprenticeship, the apprentice will have to build up and complete a portfolio of evidence and a short research assignment. Within the final three months of the apprenticeship, a knowledge assessment, practical task and an interview will be conducted in the form of an End Point Assessment. The apprentice will have to pass all assessments to complete the qualification.
On Completion the Apprentice will receive:
- Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative qualification
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (if not already achieved)
- Combination of on and off the job training
- Work Experience
- Associate Member of the British Institute of Facilities Management (can be applied for by the apprentice)
Entry requirements must include five GCSEs at Grade C or higher.
Apprentices without a Grade C or Level 1 Maths and English qualification will have to achieve this prior to taking the End Point Assessment.