A Team Leader/Supervisor apprenticeship is a Level 3 course and is beneficial to those who are in a first line management role with operational/project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team. Roles that are key for carrying out a Team Leader/Supervisor apprenticeship can be supervisors, team leaders, project officers, shift supervisor, foreperson or shift managers. The apprenticeship should take between 15 - 18 months to complete, this is dependent on the individuals previous experience.
Key responsibilities are likely to include:
- Supporting, managing and developing team members
- Managing projects
- Planning and monitoring workloads and resources
- Delivering operational plans
- Resolving problems
- Building business relationships
The apprentice will undergo 20% off the job training to prepare them for the End Point Assessment. This delivery time will be negotiated with the employer to minimise the impact of the operational commitments of your organisation.
The apprentice will be provided with support from an Independent Assessor and Mentor to aid them throughout the apprenticeship, with one day a week off the job training. A qualification will be ran alongside this apprenticeship.
A portfolio of evidence, both knowledge and competency based has to be built up throughout the duration of the apprenticeship and a Continuing Professional Development log must be documented. All of this will be reviewed and tested in an End Point Assessment. The End Point Assessment will be graded on the following scale:
Less than 50/50+/60+/70+ (out of 100)
All apprentices must achieve a minimum of 50% in the following components: a knowledge test (30%), competency based interview (30%), assessment of portfolio evidence (20%) and a professional discussion (20%)
On Completion the Apprentice will receive:
- Level 3 qualification in Team Leading/Supervising
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths or English (if not already achieved)
- Relevant work experience
- Combination of on and off the job training
- Associate member with the Chartered Management Institute
- Associate member with the Institute of Leadership and Management (can be applied for by the apprentice)
Entry requirements must include five GCSEs at Grade C or higher.
Apprentices without a Grade C or Level 2 Maths and English qualification will have to achieve this prior to taking the End Point Assessment.