Apprenticeship Incentive Payments
Apprenticeship Incentives – Support your Business, Support Jobs!
Who can access the Government incentive scheme?
- The incentive payments apply to employers in England who recruit an apprentice between 1st August 2020 and 30th September 2021.
- The incentives have just been increased. From 1st April you are eligible to claim a larger incentive, if all the criteria are met.
- There is no limit to how many apprentices you have. This is an exciting time to prepare your business for the future.
What payments am I entitled to?
- You will be able to claim £3,000 per apprentice, regardless of age.
- If apprentices are 16–18, or an apprentice aged 19-24 has previously been in care or has a Local Authority Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), you can claim an added £1000 per apprentice.
What is the eligibility criteria?
- The apprentice must be a new employee to the business.
- The apprentice must have a contract of employment with a start date between 1st August 2020 and 30th September 2021 (inclusive).
- The apprentice must not have been employed by the business within the six months prior to the contract start date.
Do these incentives replace the additional payments already available for young apprentices?
No, these incentives are from the 1st April. This means that you could be eligible to receive up to £4,000 for each new apprentice you recruit.
When will I receive these payments?
The payment will be made directly to you in two equal instalments, where the apprentice is still in learning at day 90 and day 365 of their Apprenticeship.
What can I use the incentives for?
You can spend the incentive payments on anything to support your organisation’s costs, although it is recommended to use the additional funds to add value to the apprenticeship and in turn add value to your business. Ultimately this will benefit your business in the long-term.
For further information, please contact a member of the team today