Priory Apprenticeships delivers a suite of programmes to meet the needs of the education sector and the wider community. We work with partners to ensure that our Statement of Curriculum Intent is achieved.
Curriculum Intent for Priory Apprenticeships
As part of the Priory Federation of Academies Trust, our Apprenticeships Curriculum Intent reflects the Trust’s Curriculum Intent:
1. Embed the Priory’s mission and values within the creation of a diverse portfolio of apprenticeships informed and shaped by the expertise of being an educational provider, the unique dynamics of Apprenticeship provision, all stakeholders, and the wider community needs. Apprentices, within their specific programme, will:
Be an effective Apprentice
Have excellent skills, knowledge and behaviours in an occupational domain
Develop a portfolio of transferable skills which will enhance career progression and choices
2. Provide a coherent knowledge base that is appropriately powerful, clearly constructed and thoughtfully sequenced both within and across all programmes
3. Assess knowledge, skills, behaviours and understanding in an intelligent, supportive, and proportionate manner
4. Support an occupational-focused approach, which is responsive to the varied and changing needs of employers and the education sector. Each programme will provide a meaningful experience used to broaden horizons
5. Develop apprentices’ cognitive ability for them to learn, retain and recall knowledge; and develop metacognitive ability in order that they monitor and purposefully direct their learning.
6. Offer a range of programmes that value apprentices in equal measure, ensure equality of opportunity and focus on apprentice needs and interests
7. Celebrate meaningful, inspiring, and life-changing experiences that have enabled apprentices:
To maximise levels of literacy, numeracy, self-worth and transferable skills
To contribute to the increasingly complex, numerate, and digital economy
To play a meaningful role in local, national, and international communities