Early Years Educator Level 3
What is an Early Years Educator?
Early Years Educators, and other job roles such as nursery nurse and childminders, are highly trained professionals who play a key role in ensuring that young children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe. Early Years Educators work in a range of settings including full-day care, children’s centres, pre-schools, reception classes and as childminders. Early Years Educators may either be working on their own or supervising others to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by the government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 years old.
Who is the Apprenticeship aimed at?
- Early years practitioner who wish to develop to educator level and specialise in Birth to 5.
- Any new staff who wish to work within early year’s provision.
Details of the Apprenticeship:
- Apprentices will demonstrate the core knowledge, skills and behaviours to be fully competent as an Early Years Practitioner in a variety of settings.
- The apprenticeship will typically take 18 to 22 months to complete
- The main programme is delivered by our team of experts, through group and one-to-one sessions
- This apprenticeship standard also includes a BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Children’s Learning and Development (Early Years Educator)
- Apprentices achieve the Level 3 award in Paediatric First Aid
Benefits to the Organisation:
Hiring an apprentice or developing existing staff is a productive and cost-effective way for any organisation to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
The Benefits to an Apprentice & Career Progression Routes:
As well as ensuring full competence as an early years educator, this standard provides a BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Children’s Learning and Development (Early Years Educator) and provides the foundation for potential progression into several career paths in the education sector.