You can now apply for incentive payments
Lots of employers have already expressed an interest in this support, and we want to help you make the most of it too.
Get the payment in 3 steps
- Hire new apprentices between 1 August 2020 and 31 January 2021.
- Apply for the payment after you’ve added new apprentices to your apprenticeship service account.
- You’ll be eligible for 2 equal instalments after the apprentice completes 90 and 365 days of their apprenticeship.
You’ll be paid up to £2,000 for each new apprentice
For apprentices aged:
- 16 to 24, you’ll receive £2,000 in total
- 25 and over, you’ll receive £1,500 in total
You can spend the payment on anything to support your organisation’s costs, from facilities and travel to uniforms and salaries. This is in addition to the £1,000 payment we already give to help employers meet the needs of some groups of apprentices in the workplace.